Saturday, July 29, 2017

Church!

Dear God,
When I get to Heaven, please, please, please, can I be in the midst of my African friends in order to praise you eternally?  Also, if it's not too much to ask, please give me just a little bit of Joseph's rhythm so that I may participate fully.  
Amen.
PS-- if you need some littles held during that eternal worship service, this is about as close to Heaven on Earth as I get!

Attending church with our Ddembe kids each year is a precious time for us.  The children enjoy having us visit an important part of their world, they (and we!) value the time of worshipping together in body, and we enjoy getting to thank the church family that cares for them on a week-to-week basis.    

This church cares for the orphans in their midst by supporting Moses as he cares for our kids, sharing extra food growing from their gardens, and by sharing their gifts and talents with our children as music teachers, counselors, and friends.  In addition, they do an incredible job of caring for the widows in their midst.  I cannot wait to share that with you in our next post!  

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment