Saturday, July 29, 2017

God's timing

The timeline.  I just recently wrote about how I hadn't misunderstood God's calling, just his timeline.  Today, God showed me again just how amazing He is.  This is Christine.  We have known her since Agnes', and have been in touch with her through Moses since Agnes' orphanage closed.  Christine was in secondary school, and has been working and living with various aunts and uncles for the past few years.  This year, she was close enough to come visit while we were at Ddembe, and on the last night we were there, we rejoiced in getting to see her again!!!!
Christine in 2008









































Christine wants to not have to depend on whatever extended family member can house her at any time, and she wants to work as a nursery school teacher.  All she needs is a certificate.  She brought me her paperwork, and Moses helped me understand it.  I gave her a little bit of money Monday night for application fees, etc, and she spent the night at Ddembe, and got up on Tuesday morning and went to the YMCA, where they offer training.  Before we finished loading the van for the airport Tuesday morning, she was back with all the information required to begin school at the end of August.  Because of some extra financial gifts that came after we left, we were able to commit to paying for her schooling, and she is all set!  In two years, she will be a certified nursery school teacher, and will be able to get a good job and support herself!  Praise God!

While looking over her forms, and the ones Joshua brought to me on Saturday, God made one date stand out to me on each form -- their birthdays.  Both were born in 1995.  That was the year that I graduated from A&M and was working so hard to find a way to help educate children in Africa.  Not an accident that I have borne these children's burden literally from their birth -- even before I knew them!
Joshua in 2008


I know to some that might seem like a coincidence, or like I am reaching a bit, but I know because of the way those numbers stood out to me, and resonated in my spirit, that God was trying to show me something.  He was showing me that He has been at work all this time -- in my life and theirs.  He didn't have to show me.  I would have still trusted His timeline.  It's these moments, though, that overwhlem me.  In Africa, people pray out loud during prayer time, and I am always in awe of what so many voices sound like, all praying different prayers at the same time.  I can't even begin to fathom how God can care about the tiniest details of each of our lives all at the same time.  The fact that He also goes out of His way to show us is nothing short of awe-inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment